I start this topic to discuss about the best solution to store all Civicwise data.
We are currently using Google Drive.Though about the current solution:
- google’s servers are pretty failsafe.
- an ftp server has not all the functionalities that Drive gives us
- Google Drive doesn’t have an automatic backup system.
- Google Takeout service allows to download all the data from a Google Drive account.
- We can imagine an owncloud system: the equivalent to Drive but self hosted. It is more expensive but more flexible too.
The storage space requirements are:
- to be accesible from any machine connected to the internet
- to integrate a automatic backup system
- to integrate a user and permission system
- to integrate document viewer and editor, in more common formats: text document, spreadsheet, presentation, image.
- to be at least 40GB size
- Google Drive + automatic backup system.
- Owncloud. Self hosted solution. A demo here.
- Storj.io. Distributed storage based in blockchain protocol.
This content is a wiki post: you can edit it and add possible solutions or requirements for the storage.