CW | Task Manager App - should we go with Trello?

Hello @everyone :wink:

Some of us were talking about to use an application for tasks managing, discussing which one use and most important how to integrate it into our workflow.

it seems that the interfaz of Trello fits very well, the free version has a lot of potential and it works perfectly with slack.

Thinking about how to use trello and integrate it in our way to work and in our open way to access the information, I was thinking that this kind of protocol could work like this:

• We should have a CivicWise account on Trello from the general mail civicwise@gmail.com (I think we already have one as @urbanohumano said some days ago on slack :+1:)

• In order to create an open space where everybody on civicwise be included and where is the one who is ‘outside’ the info the one who decide which information wants to be informed (as it works on slack with the channels) We should create a general workgroup on Trello where everybody was included. This simulated our CivicWise Slack spaces where all of us are included.

• Once we have our general CivicWise workgroup we can start to create BOARDS inside this workgroup. The boards on trello would simulated our channels on slack. This way is useful for (1) we can use the same protocol to name boards that the one we already use to name slack and (2) as everybody is on the general workgroup anyone can choose on which boards wants to be included or maybe just to be subscribe to be informed and don´t need permission of everyone else to see what is happening. As the boards follow the protocol on slack, the boards represent Projects or Local Circle Management for example. We would have, for example, a board named cw | lc | madrid where people from madrid circle can manage their task and we can have another board named cw | p | la participación to manage tasks for this specific projects. As this boards are on the general workgroup anyone (even if they are not working on that specific project) could go to the board and see what is happening. This is important for (1) transparency and (2) openess so is more easy for people to become a participant and to engage with a project in the middle of it.

• Inside the board, we can create cards which represents tasks. Every group engaged on a project or local circle should can decide which is the protocol for lists and tags on this tasks. I think is better like this so if we let each group to experiment with this maybe we can achieve a better and common protocol in the future.

• The good part comes when we link slack and trello. =) I don’t know exactly how this works but I do know that you can link trello from slack on specific channel so we would link the slack channel to the board and if someone (for example) made changes on task for that board (project) or comments on trello it informs through slack.

What do you think guys? should we try on this? @skotperez @luisgsanz @Archivox_NMonnot @Daniele_Bucci @FrancescoP @artemi_fasebase @urbanohumano @Mario_Hidrobo @bentejui_fasebase @maiteguzman

I like the idea, we were talking about that before. In my opinion, i can imagine two kind of tasks. The one that you assign to someone (in a circle or in a project) and the one that you dont assign anyone, just to show everybody and to know what we have to do in general (governance, communication…) or in a sector (academy, labs…)

Other thing is that would be interesting if we can connect trello with drive as well to link documents.

I use, for example, azendoo and it’s really usefull because you can link evernote, dropbox or google drive files.

@pascualpg @skotperez @luisgsanz @Archivox_NMonnot @Daniele_Bucci @FrancescoP @urbanohumano @Mario_Hidrobo @bentejui_fasebase @maiteguzman

@artemi_fasebase Yes, you can link from Trello whatever you want very easily too. :wink: @luisgsanz and me were experimenting for a week and is very useful and efficient to interact through specific tasks linked with google docs for example. :+1:

Seems to me a very good idea, in fact, those cards which represent tasks, can allow, that people who do not have a very high level of involvement in the projects, but who at some point want to collaborate with a specific task, can identify them quickly , In the end we can see clearly what task each person did, so we can know who was involved and how, and can visualize it graphically.

I think this can be very illustrative to understand how we work right now.

@pascualpg @artemi_fasebase @urbanohumano @Archivox_NMonnot @Daniele_Bucci @FrancescoP @luisgsanz @skotperez @Mario_Hidrobo @bentejui_fasebase

It seems great to me.:smiley::soccer::evergreen_tree:
I want to highlight that there is also a first proposal from @Daniele_Bucci to create the welcome board in Trello here Welcome board (ITA) (up to now in italian)

Very very ineresting the reference he takes for the welcome board https://trello.com/b/ma1BRnKW/prova-welcome-board

I think it can be useful for further works on this, I’m sorry that I can’t really work too much in building up these protocols right now.
I think that if we arrive to Glocal Camp with a global approach to these issues about communication we will then build up a stronger team to work on this.
This to say that we don’t need to solve it now, just to approach it

we keep talking

Should we make a session/tutorial of how to use it or it’s very soon? @pascualpg @luisgsanz @urbanohumano @FrancescoP @skotperez

I think we should. I was thinking on making a tutorial-video like 2-3 minutes long and uploaded.

Yes @FrancescoP and very very powerful the idea about having a Welcome Board of CW @Daniele_Bucci :+1: it could helps a lot for welcoming! :clap:

Hello everyone! :wink:

This morning I was setting the workgroup that we already have on CivicWise Trello account. If you are not inside and want to be, let your email and some of us who are inside can bring you in. :wink:

About the way we were talking about to organized Trello, I set this:

The idea is to name the boards with the same protocol that we have on slack so it’s more easy to identify and also because Trello organize them in alphabetic order so as you can see all the boards for projects stick together, (once we have more boards for labs or circles) all the boards for labs stick together, all the boards for local circles stick together, etc. If we also include a ‘color protocol’ as you can see on the image, same color for projects’s boards, same for local circles boards, etc is going to be very easy to identify boards once we have a lot of them.

Here I try to make a video tutorial to show how this works and more or less how trello works for the ones who are completly new. Maybe not very clear… =? sorry for my english and my brain, which is fucked by this time of the day…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPbCQKQ7Do&t=496s

Some interesting keys for Trello. :wink:

https://trello.com/guide/pro-tips.html?utm_source=welcome&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Welcome