Lost in Translation | Logbook Website Updating

GENERAL WEBSITE STRUCTURE

Here we can talk and discuss about the general structure of our website and talking about the weekly updating that we are going to do.

Remember that we have a google doc also for this topic here and that if you have any information, concern, though about an specific discussion you can add any comment or information about it on google drive through this google doc index

You can also go to this discourse thread to understand what is this project about or ask for any question on slack channel: #cw_communication

Lost in Translation | INDEX THREAD

_UPDATING #01

The updating that we agreed last week is already done. We were talking about make some ‘cleaning task’ to have an acurrate version of our website regarding what is happening right now on network

• Update of fullscreem slides: I’ve included Civic Practices slide and Residencia Hacker slide
  • Update main menu: I’ve deleted by now the sections ‘projects’ and ‘tools’ until we clarify how to tell our projects and work. Also included the section ‘Civic Factory’ linked with its website.
  • Update civiwsie logo: I’ve updated the logo beside the menu, from the one with mixed colors to the black one. I think that for small logo like this the mixed colors doesn’t work as you can’t see clear which colors do we used and it’s better to have a simple and clear black one. I’ve also included a favicon for the website.

Let’s keep going :wink:

To complete the milestone for this week i have added legal texts to civicwise.org and a Cookies notice:

Legal figure behind Civicwise.org is Civicwise french association. This can be changed anytime.

###To Do Tasks

The texts are made for civicwise.org website and may not cover the specifications of each site in civicwise.org network. An adaptation must be done for every site in the network.

We have to develop a protocol to manage personal data across all Civicwise digital spaces, not just civicwise.org website. To simplify personal data management we should centralize this sensible data in civicwise.org CMS, avoiding stored it elsewhere.

thanks @skotperez ! That keeps us safer for now.

Hello @everyone

Just to inform you that we are right now working on this google doc the contents to make a new main menu which will be called ABOUT US on our website. The idea is to work on this content whithin the google doc until following wednesday the 21st when we will upload those contents to the website.

PLEASE, CHECK IT OUT AND CONTRIBUTE WITH ANY COMMENT, CONCERN OR SUGGESTION THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE. :wink:

THANKS IN ADVANCE!